Well, I no sooner decide to begin blogging again than life gets in the way. Or, rather illness, gets in the way. Last Tuesday I subbed for my daughters teacher, who was out sick. And no wonder. The prior week there were days that 11 out of her 19 kids were out of school sick. I should have known I'd get sick. By Friday I was going down fast with this past weekend being the sickest I've ever been in my whole life. I remember the Christmas of '93 being particularly a bad one, having missed Christmas day sick on the couch with all the classic flu symptoms but this past weekend totally blew it out of the water. I am now convinced that the phrase "I have the flu" is entirely overused.
I think teachers must have granite immune systems or they would be out of commission all the time.